“Think of it as an adventure. If you see me freak out, then you have permission to freak out. But I’m Diego Rosas, and I promised your mom I’d take care of you. I don’t freak out.”
– Diego Rosas, approximately 10 minutes before the dragon incident…
Thank Lady Fortune! Roses in the Dragon’s Den is now available on audiobook, and you can find it on Audible and Amazon today!
I knew within the first minute of his sample that Danny Pardo was the one true voice of the Rosas family. If he looks or sounds familiar at all, he has lent voice and acting talents to projects such as:
- Prison Break
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
- The Call of Duty video games
- and now, Roses in the Dragon’s Den!
The most important thing was to find somebody who could bring the Rosas family to life. When I listened to his recording, there were times when I forgot I had written the words because Danny filled them with brand new life: all the heart, humor, and thrills you could ask for in a listening experience. I hope you’ll agree.
Pick it up today and share with a reader in your life!
Twelve year old siblings Karina and Charlie Rosas aren’t looking forward to vacationing with their estranged uncle. But when the Fernweh Express derails and tosses them into a wild, unrecognizable land, they trust he’ll know what to do. After all, Diego Rosas wrote the book on survival in deserts and arctic tundras. There’s nothing he can’t handle . . . until a colossal, fire-breathing dragon snatches him up and carries him away, leaving the siblings to embark on an impossible rescue mission.
With the natural elements working against them, the Rosas family adventures through the curse-infested, uncharted world in order to solve the mystery of what doomed their travels. When they meet up with a dwarf and a pirate queen who offer aid, Karina and Charlie must decide whether they can trust anyone willing to voyage into a dragon’s den. But if the siblings ever want to return home, they must trust and lean on each other, and above all, hope Uncle Diego is still alive.
Buy on Audible!
Buy on Amazon!
Do any of you find that the fall season makes you want to read or write more? In Tucson, it’s finally starting to feel a little more cozy around here. I’ve always been a fan of the flannel weather and hot drinks, and something about it gets me turning some pages and spilling some ink! I may or may not be reading THREE books right now… (Becoming has been a great Audible listen, The Secret History on paperback, and The Dream Thieves on Kindle, for when I need something a little lighter, physically.) Then I may or may not have ordered three more yesterday. *shrug*
Keeping with the rule of three, I have three exciting bits of news I want to share with you:
- ROSES IN THE DRAGON’S DEN is getting an audio book! I’m thrilled to have Mr. Danny Pardo telling the story of the Rosas family. Danny’s been in all sorts of projects you’ve probably even seen or heard: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, 24, Prison Break, the Grand Theft Auto games, and he’s currently working on a stage production of The Diary of Anne Frank, in addition to narrating ROSES! He’s the perfect voice for this story. Wait until you hear his pirate voice! Our target release date for Audible is January 2020.
- Roses also won an award! New Apple Literary has named it an Official Selection for their 2019 Summer eBook Awards, specifically in the Children’s category. Now if you buy an ebook, it’ll have a cool digital medal on it!
- There WILL be a sequel one way or another! I’m about 50,000 words in and hope to wrap it up during NaNoWriMo this year. But with the work that needs to go into cover art, edits, and formatting, it may not arrive until 2021. I promise I’ll make it worth the wait! Does anyone want to take some guesses on the title? 😉
Wishing you all the very best, and if you happen to attend Tucson Comic Con next weekend, look for me! Mention this blog post and I can even share some book coupons with you.